I’ve always known that my stomach and sodas didn’t get along very well, but I was never really ready to give them up. It also didn’t help that I was border line addicted to energy drinks. Well after my doctor appointment with my Urologist, I kinda changed my mind. If you where like me, you thought to yourself, ‘What the hell am I suppose to drink now? All the best things have high fructose corn syrup in them.’
Well after spending some quality time at my local grocery, I found enough replacement sodas to keep me going. As you know we cant have corn products like at all, but we can have a little bit of sugar every now and then. So I made you the list below so you can save some time reading so many labels.
- Most of all diet drinks for example Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi are high fructose corn syrup free. They are although filled with that aspartame goodness. (Everyone has there own views on aspartame, so I will not go into that here.)
- The Coke Zero line of drinks are corn syrup free. They as well as there diet buddies are filled with good ol’ aspartame.
- Pepsi’s Throwback are a series of sodas made with real sugar. Although not healthy for you, just free of thous evil corn syrup monkeys.
- Jarritos is another tasty soda that is made with regular sugar. Again Im not saying they are healthy for you, just corn syrup free sodas. They come in various flavors like mandarin, lime, fruit punch, grapefruit and a few others. The flavor Tamarind is almost a sweet tea flavor but has weird after tastes. It takes some getting used to but I like it.
- Diet Poweraide is another sugar free drink. It contains the sucralose in it. Again alot of peoples views on sucralose differ. So I leave it to you to make that decision of you want to drink it or not.
- Coca Cola in a glass bottle, made with real sugar. These are usually found at your local gas station with the Mexican drink isle. These little bad boys are made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.